Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Gobble, gobble, gobble.

I was watching the History channel last night with Dad and saw that they way we were told Thanksgiving originated didn't actually happen. Now, I wonder what actually happened, but don't really want to research it. Maybe later today, as it would be nice to know. It feels kind of like Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny. Thanksgiving, I thought, was the one holiday that didn't have massive lies surrounding it. Well, the Pilgrims and Indians being friends was a lie, wasn't it? Smallpox is not exactly something one friend gives to another willingly. So I wonder now, just how FAKE is Thanksgiving? It wasn't invented by the card company, because who gives a card saying "Happy Thanksgiving!?" In a weird way, I wish they hadn't spoiled the illusion.

So, I thought this year it would be nice to do a blog about what I am thankful for. Last post was kind of just me complaining, this post is going to be me being thankful. I'll do a special prayer later today, maybe go for a walk and do a little offering. MAYBE. It's pretty dang cold and I'm already sick and have a pretty busy day. Prayer yes. Walk/offering, maybe. Anywho, on with the show.

This year I am thankful for:

1. The family I have left living. Mom, Dad, Craig, Chuck, Katrina, Andrew, Hannah, Aunt Sue and Uncle Bill, Uncle Eddy (Sue's first husband), Aunt Brenda and Uncle Jeff, my cousins, my neice, Jasmine even if her mommy and I don't talk anymore I love her dearly. And anyone I forgot to mention.

2. My husband and my son who complete me and make even the hardest days worth living.

3. The generosity of both of our families. Without them, we would not have been able to keep our son and raise him.

4. I am thankful that Bastian is out of the NICU, home with us, and in relatively good health.

5. My own good health.

6. That my family and I have a roof over our heads and food in our stomachs.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment